Saturday, October 19, 2013

VIB Rouge Status

source: http://10ambeauty.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/59911_10151580261174405_1617596065_n.jpg

Hello. My name is C.C. and I am a Sephora-holic.

That's right. I've hit VIB ROUGE status. No, not just VIB... but ROUGE. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY I HAD TO SPEND TO GET TO THAT STATUS... $1000 CAD.  That could buy me my ticket to Europe and back (check out the travel section to hear more about that).

Well, since I'm there I figured I would learn more about the 'perks' of being such a patron to Sephora. But to start I'd like to share with you just the basic way of how the point system works.  

If you were not aware already, Sephora is almost like a department store for just beauty products (e.g. make up, skincare, makeup tools).  You can join the rewards program for free and it is called being a "Beauty Insider".  

source: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiGk0rxaYllRoDFB0D-9R5eqeB_Yga4n2U_tOqNqFr_QiyY90GxQtrfmfzN-S6IOF_XTf013EFZLAoNgMyJHcXDr_yqdR6EWn1jHnH2KTOYA3zCF2brPQzDlt4GNWYS7FUSDok_dmMD5A0/s1600/logo+alone.jpg

There are 3 levels now: Beauty Insider, Very Important Beauty Insider (VIB), and VIB Rouge.  The first level is free to join.  To become a Beauty Insider you just sign up at Sephora.  

The point system is called a 'beauty bank point'.  You receive 1 point for every dollar spent on merchandise (some exceptions). The lovely thing is that points don't expire.  You can redeem your points for rewards. (e.g. 100 pts for a mini perfume rollerball). 

Some perks for BIs are:
- Birthday gift: you can redeem it anytime during your birthday month.
- Beauty Insider Store Events

Once you spend $350 you get upgraded to VIB status.  It is good for the calendar year the following year, each year you would need to requalify.
- When you qualify you get a free makeover card and 10% off your next purchase
- Includes BI perks
- Private VIB events
- Try New Products early
- Shop sales first
- Get seasonal gifts

Once you spend over #1,000 you are in VIB rouge which is the same conditions as VIB.
- Includes VIB perks
- Special surprise gifts
- Free shipping for every order
- Exclusive VIB rouge events
- Access to the beauty studio on the house

Since I've gotten to rouge, I guess I could start using the free shipping option or the beauty studio access... but that would mean I have to spend more money.  What do you think I should do, splurge or save my money for the Europe trip? Addie thinks I should do the later.

Thoughtfully yours,

C.C. (the Sephora-holic)


sources:

Disclaimer: All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.

The owner of 18nineteen.blogspot.ca will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information

Sephora did not endorse this post. 


2 comments:

  1. :O you have to spent $1000 a year to keep your rouge status?!?!? There goes my paycheck :( must get it back through free samples ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you do. But you have a whole year to do it. Let's aim to get there by March! :)

      C.C.

      Delete