Tuesday, October 22, 2013

BBM Again?

source: http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/10/bbm-android-iphone-launch/
If you click the photo above, that is the 'blog' post from Blackberry.  I think... yesterday, blackberry has released Blackberry Messenger (aka BBM) onto the Android and Apple platforms!

Just a quick disclaimer: I am not some super tech-savvy individual.  If terms are incorrect, I apologize.  I am just a twenty-something writing about something that has come to my attention!

Continuing on.  I used to have a Blackberry (3 to be correct: pearl flip, curve, bold) and I loved it for it's keyboard.  I also really loved using BBM.  When the post came out in the summer that RIM (now known as Blackberry) would be putting BBM on the two platforms I did not know how to feel about it.  

Well... when it came out, I caved and got it.  It was simple and easy.

(Update: I just found out that I had actually pre-registered... I got the email today telling me I wouldn't have to 'wait-in-line'. Maybe Blackberry lied to me... just maybe.)

JUST KIDDING.  I had the hardest time trying to get it, connection problems, waiting for the 'wait list', inputing my old blackberry id (i wish it gave me all my old contacts/pin again....but it didn't.)

Then... apparently, they were supposed to email me when I get to the 'top of the list'... that didn't happen, but I was persistent and it worked.

All in all, the experience was less than pleasant.

Some nice screenshots I have for y'all:
 


Now that I have it... I'm using it.  But I really don't find it any different than WhatsApp.  I find that it is dependent on different demographics that I am using different messaging systems with them.  

One thing that I would like to also see on BBM is the ability to track how much data you are using (similar to WhatsApp).  

Verdict: This is great for me to get back to my Blackberry friends but I think I'll still be using my Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and SMS services :)

What about you?

Thoughtfully yours,
C.C.




No comments:

Post a Comment